As we’re mapping out our travels for the next six months or so, we thought it would be a great idea to share our upcoming travels with you for two reasons: (1) to let you know what types of posts to look for in the upcoming months, and (2) to solicit your advice on these destinations. We are also proud to announce that we have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Claire from Claire’s Itchy Feet! Claire is a dancer and choreographer who loves to travel. She has been working hard in the studio the last couple of months while preparing to permanently move away from her home country and find her new home. Make sure you follow along on her blog and Instagram as she prepares for her next big adventure!
Our Upcoming Travels
November 2016: Copenhagen, Faroe Islands
For our second annual family Thanksgiving trip, we will be traveling to the Faroe Islands via Copenhagen. I have traveled to Copenhagen by myself before, but it will be my family’s first time there. None of us have ever visited the Faroe Islands. We would love to read about any tips from you on how best to spend a few days in the Faroe Islands.
December 2016: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
For our (9th? 10th?) annual warm weather family Christmas vacation, we will be traveling to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We have traveled as a family to a number of Caribbean destinations, including the Bahamas, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Belize, Honduras, and Panama. However, it will be our first time in St. Thomas or any of the U.S. Virgin Islands. We will be staying on a house boat in Red Hook – our first time staying on a boat – and we are extremely excited about that experience as well. We would love to read about any tips you may have on how best to spend a few days in St. Thomas, including traveling to St. John, Tortola, Beef Island, or Jost Van Dyke.
March 2016 Part 1: Iceland, UK, Ireland, Paris
I (Diana) will be traveling for about 1.5 weeks to Iceland, the UK, Ireland, and Paris in early March. I have been to Iceland (read about our Iceland trip here) and Paris before, but never to Ireland. The only city I’ve been to in the UK is London. Our tentative plan is to rent a car in Dublin and spend a couple of days driving in a loop around to the Cliffs of Moher, Killarney, etc, then heading over to the UK. We would like to spend one day in London but would like suggestion on other awesome places to visit in the UK. If you have any recommendations for Ireland or the UK (outside of London), please let us know!
March 2016 Part 2/April 2016: Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia)
This will be my (Diana’s) first time in Southeast Asia, and I cannot wait! I will be there for about one month and plan to spend my birthday (March 21) in Chiang Mai at an elephant sanctuary. I have been obsessed with elephants since I was a child, and volunteering in an elephant sanctuary is basically a dream come true for me. Please let me know any must-sees and hidden gems in these countries, as well as general travel tips for Southeast Asia. My travels have mainly brought me around Europe and North America, so if there is anything particular to Southeast Asia that I should know about, please share that as well.
If you have any tips for our upcoming travels, please leave a comment below or email any links to [email protected] Also be on the lookout for posts to our upcoming travels in the next few months. We look forward to reading your travel tips!
The Versatile Blogger Award
Again, a big thank you to Claire for nominating us for the Versatile Blogger Award. To accept our award, we are required to share seven things about ourselves and spread the love by nominating other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
7 Things About Diana:
- I was born in southeast China and took my first international plane ride at the age of four to the U.S. We lived in a small town in Mississippi, which is not typically the first place foreigners think to move to when deciding to move to the U.S.
- From grades Pre-K to 12, I attended seven different schools. The longest I lived in one place before moving was four years (from grades 9-12). I was always the “new kid” in class, and I absolutely loved it.
- My first time traveling to Europe was in April 2014. Since then, I have traveled to 18 European countries on six different trips, including three solo trips.
- My goal was to travel to 25 countries by age 25, but I went a bit overboard and reached 30 countries by age 25.
- Other than travel, my biggest hobby and passion is music.
- I am currently a full time attorney in Chicago, which most people would not guess given how much I travel. While I hope to eventually transition into work that allows me to be a digital nomad, I love to encourage those with full time desk jobs that it is possible to travel (a lot) while working a full time job.
- My spirit animal is the elephant.
7 Things About Hope:
- I was born in Pennsylvania and spent the earlier part of my childhood in Michigan. However, I identify most closely with Toronto, where I lived for the last five years before university.
- Last summer, I participated in a homestay in Ulm, Germany. The family I stayed with is now my second family.
- After my homestay, I traveled to five countries in five days. Most would say that is crazy, but it was truly a thrilling experience and I would do it again any day.
- I am hoping to pursue International Business in university so I can use my passion for travel and learning about new cultures to make a positive impact on the world.
- I love music and have been in multiple bands since middle school. I play acoustic guitar, bass guitar, and percussion.
- I’m eight years younger than my sister but five inches taller than her. I’m also the tallest member of my family.
- My spirit animal is also the elephant.
And the nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are…
- Kathy from Walkabout Wanderer
- Danielle from GeekGirlGoes
- Charlie and Graham from Undiscovered Guide
- Angela from She Went Wear
- Suruchi from All Gud Things
- Jen from Jen There Done That
- Claire and Rosemary from Authentic Food Quest
- Sarah from Sarah C C Bence
- Sarah from blondemoments
- Anjanakshi from Dusty Shoes And Beautiful Views
- Rirhandzu from Rando Abroad
- Lyssie from She Went to Spain
- Kaylene at Cheers to Traveling
- Katherine and Anisa from Two Traveling Texans
- Janaline from Janaline’s World Journey
Make sure you check out these awesome blogs, and don’t forget to send us your tips for our upcoming travels!
Author: Diana Chen
Recently left my job as an attorney to pursue the work-from-anywhere/travel-everywhere life. I blog about traveling the world with a full time job, confronting your travel addiction, and pursuing your passions without going broke. Just got back from a month-long trip to Southeast Asia and currently prepping for Cuba.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. That means we receive a commission when you click and buy through our links. You don't have to use our links, but we're very grateful when you do.